‘Tis the season to give and we were honored to support Goodwill in their office move to new offices. And we have to tell you, they are incredibly organized. What can be learned from Goodwill about making holiday moves low-stress?
Here are some tips to help you create a stress-free moving plan during the holidays
- Start planning early. Don't wait until the last minute to start packing and making arrangements for your move. This will help you avoid feeling overwhelmed and stressed out.
- Make a detailed moving plan. Write down everything that needs to be done, including packing, arranging for movers, cleaning your old home, and setting up your new home.
- Prioritize tasks. Focus on the most important tasks first, such as arranging for movers and securing a new home, and leave the less important tasks for later.
- Delegate tasks. Don't try to do everything yourself. Ask friends and family members to help with packing, cleaning, and other tasks. Hire professional movers to take the load off.
- Take breaks. Don't try to do everything in one day. Take breaks to rest and recharge, and don't be afraid to ask for help if needed.
- Plan for your pets. If you have pets, make sure they are taken care of during the move. This might include hiring a pet sitter or finding a temporary home for them.
- Keep your holiday plans in mind. Don't let your move interfere with your holiday plans. Plan your move around your holiday plans to avoid stress and anxiety.
- Stay organized. Keep track of your belongings and make sure everything is properly labeled and packed. This will help you stay organized and avoid lost items. We recommend SheetLabels.com for labels because of their great quality and pricing.
- Relax. Moving can be stressful, but try to stay calm and focused. Remember that the move will be over soon and you will be in your new home enjoying the holidays.
- Take and fun detour and change up your traditional holiday plans. See our list below for creating a memorable holiday meal on moving day.
How about a Christmas dinner on moving day?
- Start by making a list of all the dishes you want to include in your Christmas meal, including any special dietary requirements or preferences of your guests. This will help you plan and organize your shopping and cooking.
- Shop for all the ingredients you need well in advance to avoid any last-minute stress or shortages. Consider purchasing some items, such as frozen vegetables or pre-made desserts, to save time and effort on the day of the meal.
- Pack all the cooking equipment and utensils you need in a separate box or container, so they are easily accessible and ready to use on moving day.
- On the day of the move, start preparing the meal as early as possible to ensure it is ready to serve at the desired time. If possible, delegate tasks to other members of your household to help with the cooking and prep work.
- If you are moving to a new home that is not fully set up yet, consider using disposable plates, cups, and cutlery to avoid having to wash dishes on moving day.
- Set up a temporary dining area in your new home, using a folding table and chairs or a blanket on the floor. Decorate the space with Christmas decorations and candles to create a festive atmosphere.
- Serve the Christmas meal on time, and enjoy the delicious food and company of your loved ones in your new home.
By following these tips and staying organized and flexible, you can create a stress-free moving plan during the holidays.
For us here at Secured Moving Company, goodwill is close to our hearts. Our owner's mother suffers from paralytic polio. When he was young, goodwill hired his mother to give her the opportunity to help raise her son. The organization means a lot to him. It was an honor to repay them for him. Because of their heart, and his mother's strength as the strong woman that she is, he has been able to help others with a job just as Goodwill did with her, and he runs a company with the same core values! “Others before self”. We are proud to partner with Goodwill and their servitude with the communities they work with. If you are looking to volunteer, or just make a donation to their cause, please contact your local Goodwill location. You won't regret it!
Link to goodwills local main site
Link to local donation stations
Link to Donate time
Link to polio